In the market for the cheapest sit on lawn mowers for sale?
Get a ride on or tractor lawn mower to groom your large expanse of grass efficiently and in comfort. Don’t forget the fun part too – why walk when you can ride?
Of course, this does depend on how large your lawn area is. We would all love to own a ride on mower, but if you are only grooming 50 square metres this could be a difficult fit for the large mower!
So, as you can imagine, large lawns are the order of the day for these sit on mowers.
Most riding mowers look like small tractors and are similar to driving a car as they now have automatic transmissions, cruise control, improved fuel consumption, multi-blade cutting systems, headlights for after dark activities and maybe even a drinks holder. The only difference is having blades suspended underneath.
Apart from the fun factor of driving up and down on your lawn, the benefits of a riding mower or lawn tractor for a large space are many.
Below you will find important information you will need in order to purchase the cheapest sit on lawn mowers in the UK.
6 Advantages of a Sit On Lawn Mower
There are many benefits to a sit on mower.
It does not matter what age you are or how physically fit – if you have a large lawn to look after.
Everyone looks for the most efficient and hassle-free way to get the job done.
So let’s see what one of these fine gadgets has to offer in order to make your work easy and simple.
Get The Cheapest Sit On Lawn Mowers But With All The Bells And Whistles
- These lawn mower tractors have the benefit of a wide cutting width of 70cm upwards to over a metre. This is much wider than the 46 – 50cm width of a cylinder mower or walk-behind mower. Cutting these wide paths enables you to cover a lot more ground quickly and efficiently and reduce the work time required sprucing up your yard.
- A ride on mower can also cope with slopes and hills and uneven ground, although you will need to consider a more powerful engine to manage these obstacles. These mowers generally weigh 150kg or more so it is advisable to be careful manoeuvring on slopes. Preferably do not mow sideways across slopes greater than 10 degrees.
- If you are looking for more functionality than just mowing the grass, there are many attachments that can improve the performance of your lawn mower and be a good fit for your needs.
- Standard tractors are great for mowing large lawns and are able to pull lightweight attachments. These include rear baggers and dump carts. An added advantage offered is seeding and fertilizing attachments.
- Garden tractors are larger and more robust. They are perfect for big gardens with heavy-duty tasks offering more power with heavy-duty transmissions that are able to handle attachments like aerators and tillers.
- A mulching option, of both side discharge and rear-catcher, is available on many models. Conversion is easy by using a mulch-plug that holds the clippings inside the mowing deck, then chops them finely before blowing them into the grass.
As you can see, there are many options and add-ons that are available once you have the basic machine.
How much you want to spend after your purchase to make your job easier is entirely up to you!
Sit On Lawn Mower: Driving Safely
A riding mower offers a wide range of different transmissions: these include manual, automatic and hydrostatic.
A manual transmission is a good budget choice with an automatic/hydrostatic transmission mower allowing you to speed up, slow down and reverse without changing gears.
Cruise control provides mowing comfort on some models. Now that is nice!
If reversing is required, ride on tractor models that either stop the blades automatically when you choose reverse or alternatively have a reverse override switch is essential.
Another safety feature is a shut-off switch that stops the blades when you get off the mower.
Features like high-backed, adjustable seats, padded steering wheels, rubber foot pads or floor mats, motion-control levers that are adjustable all add to your comfort and driving pleasure.
Cheapest Sit On Lawn Mowers For Sale: Riding Lawn Mower Reviews
So why not hop on to one of these easy to operate machines and have some fun?
These mowers are in the top hierarchy of lawn maintenance machines, and the size of the machines is reflected in its price. So finding the most affordable sit on mowers that will do the job efficiently is probably at the top of your purchase checklist!
Well – never fear.
Best Riding Lawn Mower in the UK
We have showcased the best ride on mowers on the market from Amazon.
The advantage of Amazon reviews is that the comments made on the mowers are from people you have bought and used these garden tractors. Their comments are genuine and will provide a good basis on which to choose the best and most affordable sit on lawn mower for your needs.